On Friday, April 25 I took and passed my National Board Exam for massage therapy. Now I am in a holding pattern as I wait to get my license number. Being in the army for eight years has me well trained for the “hurry up and wait” process!
In the meantime, I am tying up some loose ends that will hopefully make my debut at Aesthetic Acupuncture Clinic go as smoothly as possible.
Don’t forget to visit my website at www.rosewoodmassage.com. for great information about all kinds of holistic alternatives to medicine.
Chair Massage at Relay for Life is a Success!
I had a wonderful opportunity to join the Celebration Foundation as they participated in Relay for Life this month. This past Friday and Saturday many gathered at Lakeside in Celebration, FL for the annual Relay for Life event. I offered chair massage to quite a few people in turn for a donation to the Foundation’s team.
Welcome to all of the new newsletter recipients! You are among a list of the finest individuals all of whom have become veterans to the massage world (some via the ‘massage guinea pig’ route and others because they are just plain hooked on massage!)
Thanks to Joe at the post office for suggesting this and getting the ball rolling!
“Scent”sational Essential Oils
Blend containing: Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtus communis)
1. Diffuse to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
2. Inhale during flights to protect yourself from pathogens found in the recirculated air.
3. Put a drop or two on insect bites to cleanse and stop the itching.
4. Apply a drop on blemishes to clear the skin.
5. Rub a drop on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
6. Rub a drop on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
7. Put 2 drops on two cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
8. Spritz several drops mixed with water and a small amount of alcohol to repel insects.
9. Dilute a few drops of Purification and Peppermint oil with vegetable oil and apply just inside the ear of your dog or cat with Qtip to eliminate ear mites.
Herb had an itchy rash on his lower leg for a good year or two. It would come and go and sometimes be almost intolerable. When I saw that Purification had good skin healing properties I decided to mix a few drops with some coconut oil for him to use topically. Within two months his rash completely cleared and has remained gone since.
Purification has proven to be quite a multi-purpose oil and a great addition to our medicine chest!
So many people have sent encouraging emails and cards to me over the past year. Thank you so much for your love and support!
Several of these individuals have given me permission to publish what they have said. So I would like to take this opportunity at this point in each newsletter to just that…
Monica has given me the best massage I have received anywhere.
I’ll continue to recommend her to all my friends and family.
Very professional too. Valerie Thomas, Realtor