It may surprise you to know that…
- Substantial benefits abound when one stops the habit of smoking…
beginning within the first 20 minutes!
- 20 min after stopping – blood pressure and heart rate drop
- 12 hrs after stopping – carbon monoxide in blood drops to normal
- 2 wks after stopping – circulation improves and lung function increases
- 1-9 mos after stopping – coughing and shortness of breath decrease, and the cilia regain normal function in lungs increasing their ability to handle mucus, clean lungs, and reduce risk of infection
- 1 yr after stopping – excess risk of coronary heart disease is halved
- 5 yrs after stopping – stroke risk is reduced to that of a non-smoker
- 10 yrs after stopping – lung cancer death rate is about half that of a continuing smoker
- 15 yrs after stopping – risk of coronary heart disease IS that of non-smoker
Success in all you do!
Watch and subscribe to the latest on Youtube from Celebrating Homesteading.
I can show you how to purchase essential oils for yourself and family at wholesale prices. Click here and then select “Sign Up Here”.
What is Proper Breathing?
- expanding and raising the upper rib cage while keeping the abdomen and lower rib cage constricted
- is detrimental to muscle health and posture.
First, the neck muscle remains in a chronically tight position leading to forward head posture.
Second, this is primo conditions for trigger point development and nerve entrapment.
Third, chest muscles also remain chronically tight and inflexibility setting the stage for kyphosis.
Diaphragmatic breathing is an easier way to breath. Here’s how:
- expand the sternum
- lower rib cage
- lower abdomen
Breathing like this…
enhances respiratory endurance (remember the last opera you saw?)
- enhances relaxation
- keeps the brain sharp
- enhances O2/CO2 exchange
Take a deep breath lowering your belly and ribs and expanding your sternum. Breath out slowly. Now do it again…and again…You’ve got it now! 🙂
A hypertonic muscle belly that ‘tiggers’ pain in ANOTHER LOCATION in the body.